Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The most tear jerky scene ever




This weeks assignment for the League of Extraordinary Bloggers is Who cried when Old Yeller got shot? What movie, TV show, book, etc. turns you into a blubbering baby every time you see it?


To tell you the truth I'm not a big crier.  I can watch Old Yeller get shot over and over and not shed one tear.  Sure I'll get sad but absolutely no waterworks.  I can watch Gilbert Grapes mother get cremated by her burning house with eyes dryer than snuggles the bear himself. but there is one scene that gets me every single time.  The scene I am speaking of is from the greatest jousting movie of all time, A Knights Tale.  During the end of the Film when William Thatcher (Heath Ledger) travels to England, to compete in a jousting tournament against his arch rival Count Adhemar, he finds his way back to where he grew up.  There he tracks down his father who is now a blind.


That reunion is the happiest/saddest scene ever, and I tear up every single damn time I watch it.     
Maybe since I was raised by a single father this scene gets to me so much.  Just makes me realize how much I love my dad and what a good relationship we have.

Here it is the most tear jerky scene ever!  Make sure to have some tissues handy.
(the video isn't the best)






3 comments:

  1. A Knight's Tale? Didn't see that one coming!

    The only thing about this movie that makes me cry is that I can never listen to David Bowie's Golden Years without envisioning that random, WTF dance sequence anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This movie makes me cry also because my wife paid $20.00 and now it can be found at Dollar Tree for a buck...great Im sad allover again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA! Just think, you could have bought 19 copies and still had enough left over for aBowfinger DVD.

      Delete