Monday, December 5, 2011

Plans


That's right it's that time again, turkeys, trees, and tinsel.  Yea you know what i mean, it's CHRISTMAS TIME!  And when Christmas time comes around I get a month long winter break from school.  Skyrim here I come, I knew I bought you are the right time.  So yea that's it for me Skyriming the month away but what about my fellow students and colleagues in crime, what are they going to do?  Are they going to play Skyrim as well or do something more constructive.  I took the liberty of asking a few students around campus what their holiday plans were and got a plethora of answers.  As a smoker I frequent the campus smoke pit and get into a lot of a conversations among my fellow smokers.  One afternoon I saw a young lady sitting by herself.  I approached her and her a couple questions about what she was doing over winter break.  Her name was Savanah Jones and she had great plans for the holiday.  "My whole family and I are going on a trip to Phoenix AZ to see my grandparents." Said Savanah.  "My family is pretty big and it's going to be one long ride with all of us crammed into a mini van."  She has some great plans get out of rainy frosty Portland and go down to clear frosty Arizona.

The following day I took my Golden Retriever Bleu to the North Clackamas Dog Park for the day, and boy were the dogs in abundance there.  I let Bleu loose and went to the human area, the picnic tables.  The tables were filled and there was no place to sit, of course.  But luckily for me a nice guy waved me over and squeezed me in.  It turns out he was a Clackamas student and was about to head on winter break himself.  I asked him what his plans were and he didn't hesitate in telling me.  "I'm in a metal band and I'm going to play a few shows over the break." said Ryan Woodrow.  "I play the keyboards and sometimes the brass when the song calls for it."

It seems like everyone has a plan for the month of December.  Some involve traveling and some involved music while others are just sitting at home, but regardless of what your winter plans are I hope you have a great break.

No comments:

Post a Comment